Considerations for Foreigners investing or registering companies in Bangladesh
Considerations for foreigners
Foreigners wishing to open a Bangladesh company, must take into consideration the following points:
- A bank account must be opened in the name of the proposed company with the name clearance obtained from the RJSC and the initial paid up capital will have to be brought into the country. This is a mandatory requirement for company incorporation in Bangladesh.
- All company incorporation formalities can be handled without any of the foreigners having to visit Bangladesh. The only exception may be when opening a bank account, depending upon the bank chosen.
- All the director and shareholders can be foreigner.
- There is no requirement for the foreigners to obtain any special Bangladesh visa if they merely want to incorporate a private limited company but have no plans to relocate to Bangladesh. The foreigners are free to operate the company from overseas and also free to visit Bangladesh on a business visa whenever required to attend to company matters on a short-term basis.
- If the foreigners plan to relocate to Bangladesh to operate the company, they are required to obtain a work permit.