2nd Floor, House 429, Road 7
Baridhara DOHS, Dhaka
Flat 4B, House 1186, Avenue 11, Mirpur DOHS
BDLP | BANGLADESH LAW PARTNERS - Full Service Law Firm in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Essay Writing Competition 2019
1. LL.B graduates and apprentice lawyers are encouraged to submit their essays/articles. Law students from all over Bangladesh are invited to submit.
2. Title of the essay: Candidates are free to choose a current and relevant title.
They may also choose a topic from below: (any one)
a. The Negotiable Instruments Act 1881 Section 138 - Strict or Senseless Liability?
b. Role of the Law in Protecting Consumer Rights: Acheivements and Recommendations
c. Necessity for Tort Law Development in Bangladesh
d. Family Law: Key Areas for Law Reform
e. Doing Business in Bangladesh: Legal & Practical Challenges
f. CPC CrPC reform areas : Increasing Efficiency
3. Word limit: minimum 2500 words, maximum 3500 words.
4. Language: English or Bangla (Only one submission per candidate)
5. Must be properly referenced Essays will be thoroughly checked by BDLP for plagiarism and papers having unreferenced/copied content will be disqualified.
1st Prize: Certificate, Books & Gifts worth Tk. 5,000
2nd Prize: Certificate, Books & Gifts worth Tk. 3,000
3rd Prize: Certificate Books & Gifts worth Tk. 2,000
6. Chambers may interview top 5 performers and out of them at least two candidates may be offered paid internship at the firm for three months. (Subject to available vacancies)
7. Selected essays may be published on BDLP’s facebook page and web-site fully acknowledging the authors.
Last date of submission: 20th September 2019
Winners will be announced on 01st October 2019
8. Prizes have to be collected from BDLP's office at a future date (to be announced later).
9. Competition Coordinators: Mr. Akram Hossain & Ms. Sarmin Akther [Contact: 01678604010 only during office hours for questions regarding the competition and technical issues]
10. BDLP reserves the right to amend these rules, dates and conditions at any time giving reasonable notification.
By Clicking Below you agree to the above and attest to the authenticity of the work submitted.